Added: Heidy Sink - Date: 05.05.2022 03:02 - Views: 19270 - Clicks: 9541
Pearl G. Maddox built the Valerie Theatre in , naming it the Valerie after her daughter. It was considered one of the most modern and beautiful theaters in the area. Maddox furnished the theatre with velour curtains, a brightly lit marquee and an electric air circulation machine. In the early years, the theatre ran silent movies with a in house pianist who played scores along to the film. Prices were 10 cents for children and 25 cents for adults. At a time when other towns prohibited Sunday shows, City Council boldly adopted a resolution to permit Sunday movies, boosting trade in the City and making the theatre a social focal point for many years.
The theater was closed for a short time for reconstruction purposes after a devastating fire in The courthouse scene took place in the heart of downtown inverness, at the Citrus County Old Courthouse which has been restored and is now a museum. The Valerie remained vacant from until the City purchased it in With community involvement and detailed planning, a grand reopening was held for the Valerie Theatre Cultural Center in June The Valerie is now run by The City of Inverness.
email: [email protected] - phone:(223) 811-1900 x 1673
Choose a community